Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mike Brown sank the ship

No one is going to watch Game 4 tonight. I know I won't be watching. And one of the main reasons I won't be watching is because I'm sick of seeing Mike Brown coach the Cavs into the ground. He's just an absolutely terrible coach.

The Cavs really had no chance in the Finals. I'm aware of that. I mean any team where Larry Hughes and Eric Snow see significant playing time is never going to win a Finals. But that said, you expect something more in the Finals from teams, even if they aren't going to win the series.

That extra edge usually comes from the best player and the head coach. While LeBron hasn't played well this series, it's because he's literally getting no help whatsoever, not even from his coach. After LeBron got fouled at the end of Game 3 by Bowen, Brown essentially did nothing. If I were the Cavs owner, I would have fired Brown on the spot. Get some damn guts, stand up for your players, or go home.

The truth is, for the Cavs to have had even an outside chance in this series, they would have needed Brown to have coached out of his mind. Rather than rising to the challenge, he's actually gotten worse, if that's even possible.

I'm not the only one who thinks Brown is awful. Full Court NBA takes Brown to task even worse than I did by openly accusing him of not having the Cavs ready to play high caliber ball in the Finals. And Full Court is damn right. LeBron deserves better than this crock of shit coach the Cavs are paying money to.

-WCK

1 comment:

BGGB said...

I don't know....Brown has this team playing world class defense. Yes Brown's offense leaves something to be desired, but offense is easier to find than good team defense.

Plus, the coaching landscape is bleak. There aren't a whole lot of guys who would be getting a lot out of this squad, IMO.

Free Blog Counter