Tuesday, December 18, 2007

George Foreman hearts Mike Vick and grills. But mostly grills.

The other day the good lads at Construda passed along a link to me which contained Mike Vick's remorseful letter to Judge Hudson. They also mentioned that George Foreman was one of the people who wrote a letter of support for Vick, and that Foreman hawked his grill in the letter at the same time.

That is indeed correct. But I think we need to make it better known what exactly George said. Let's have a quick read of the pdf:
Dear Judge Hudson:

I'm a fulltime minister at the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ in Houston, Texas, former two-time Heavyweight Champion of the world, and known all over the world as the king of the grills because of the George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine.

But the real story is that as a young boy I prowled the streets of Houston, TX as a thief.....
I think the real story, George, is that you're making a ridiculously shameful (and hilarious) ploy to get, um, I guess the judge and his legal staff to buy your grills. After all, there's profit to be had, and nothing says capitalism like advertising your product in a letter of support for the leader of a dogfighting ring.

If I were the judge, I would have given Vick life after reading Foreman's letter.

By the way, I'd like to mention that Hank Aaron also wrote a letter of support for Mike Vick and never brought up that he was a Hall of Famer or the true home run king. Nor did he hawk a grill.

-WCK

No comments:

Free Blog Counter