Wednesday, December 5, 2007

"I want Colt Brennan's head on a stick"

Look, I think the BCS stinks. No question. And I can understand why Georgia is angry. But all that said, I will never, ever, understand the South's fixation on college football.

Case in point is a wonderful - by which I mean horrible - article penned by Travis Fain at the Macon Telegraph.

It's basically your classic slurp the local college team for having a big year deal, but then it gets a bit bizarre. Despite Fain early in the article saying that the Telegraph is a family newspaper, he proceeds to write this ridiculous paragraph:
But since I doubt the BCS is looking for my opinion, let me close with this: I want Colt Brennan's head on a stick. I want that pretty boy Hawaii quarterback driven through the Superdome turf. I want perfection in all phases of the game this New Year's Day. Destroy Hawaii. And then let this be known across the land: The Georgia Bulldogs will be staying in the national title conversation for many years to come. And if you're not with us, then you'd better start running.
Nothing says family newspaper like "I want his head on a stick." I also can't remember ever seeing a print journalist write something like this. Fain writes like Hawaii invaded Georgia and Brennan took a dump on a Jefferson Davis statue (which I'd whole-heartedly approve of Brennan doing).

Hawaii, I'm definitely pulling for you in this game. Just to see what Fain pens if you beat Georgia.

-WCK

10 comments:

Mac G said...

Reading Crap like this reminds me why I did not parlay my JSchool degree into some sweet gig at the Local rag.

Instead, I rant on the internet as a past time.

Jean Shorts said...

I'm a Dawgs fan but I will admit that they don't deserve to be in the national championship because they simply aren't the best or one of the two best teams in the country. The only complaint I see in the situation is how one goes from four to five while the previously top two teams lose. (obvious question) However, don't wish ill will upon UGA or its following just because some douche bag redneck got hired at a Macon Family news paper. Love your stuff... easy on the south.

keveekev said...

As a grad of UGA .....and having a daughter in her third year there....I do bleed red and black.....but...this guy just made the point of why southern football is disdained by anyone north of the mason/dixon line and west of the Mississippi River. Sometimes the "Bulldog Nation" makes me want to puke. All I've heard is bitching and complaining from Mark Richt on down about the dawgs Sugar Bowl selection. Well let me just say, the dogs lost at home to a 6-6 South Carolina team.....got crushed at Tennessee and did not win the SEC. Hawaii will read for 5 weeks about how they will be beaten to a pulp. Remember last year? That's all Florida heard. Georgia should travel the low road and be quiet. Just be prepared for the game. Football is king down here, but it's the fanatics that take it to a distasteful level. I hope the Warriors give 'em a game. Dawg fans have long been disfunctional as well as disillusioned. If you lived here....you would be amazed by the conversation on sports talk radio. It's dawgs....dawgs....dawgs.

Lucid Idiocy said...

You'd think a blog with a slogan of "take no prisoners" would understand the concept of hyperbole.

- Travis Fain

http://lucididiocyblog.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

That's an awful thing to say..
At least people in hawaii dont talk like this about Georgia..
And personally, Im glad, because that would be an embarrassment to all hawaiians

Vic said...

The worst thing about this is that Mr Fain did not even bother to calculte the load ratio of whatshisname's head on the stick. If he'd gone to Georgia Tech, this wouldn't be the case.

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that no one seems to grasp the comments in the manner they were intended. To read Travis Fain's column and think he's actually advocating physically incapacitating Brennan is idiotic. As he said, it's hyperbole.

For those of you who don't know (which seems to be many), hyperbole is a figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Fain is going to go introduce himself to any of the Warrior's if he makes it to the game. I'm sure they will embrace him (tightly I hope) with the spirit of aloha. They may even dedicate the Haka to him, even as unworthy as he's proven himself to be.

Mele Kalikimaka

Unknown said...

Geez! whoever wrote this has some really deep emo problems. who says " i want his head on a stick?" this is completely inappropriate. Could you have some humanity please!? What did Colt ever do to you to deserve to have something like this posted on the internet of him? You know what? I'm just a teenager, and I'm proud to say that I am a lot more mature than whoever wrote this, and they really need to learn how to grow up.

Anonymous said...

免費視訊聊天,辣妹視訊,視訊交友網,美女視訊,視訊交友,視訊交友90739,成人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,情色視訊,情人視訊網,視訊美女,一葉情貼圖片區,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊,ut聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,影音視訊聊天室

威而柔,自慰套,自慰套,SM,充氣娃娃,充氣娃娃,潤滑液,飛機杯,按摩棒,跳蛋,性感睡衣,威而柔,自慰套,自慰套,SM,充氣娃娃,充氣娃娃,潤滑液,飛機杯,按摩棒,跳蛋,性感睡衣
情惑用品性易購,情侶歡愉用品

色情遊戲,寄情築園小遊戲,情色文學,一葉情貼圖片區,情惑用品性易購,情人視訊網,辣妹視訊,情色交友,成人論壇,情色論壇,愛情公寓,情色,舊情人,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,色情小說,做愛,做愛影片,性愛

情惑用品性易購,aio交友愛情館,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品

辣妹視訊,美女視訊,視訊交友網,視訊聊天室,視訊交友,視訊美女,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊交友90739,免費視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊交友aooyy,哈啦聊天室,辣妺視訊

A片,色情A片,視訊
網拍設計,網頁設計,徵信社,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣

Free Blog Counter