Wednesday, November 28, 2007

College sure has gotten nerdier since I left


I have never read a single Harry Potter book, so I don't really know what Quiddich is, but it looks, uh, ridiculously stupid. This video is of the Vassar Quiddich team preparing for the Quiddich World Cup which was held a few weeks ago at Middlebury College in Connecticut - by which I mean Vermont. In case you were wondering, Vassar lost 120-0, or so the comments section of YouTube tells me. I'm not sure what's worse, that there are people playing this made up sport, or that there are people good enough at it to destroy another team 120-0.

-WCK

4 comments:

Chimpanzee Rage said...

I am so glad that neither one of us has fallen into the pop culture trap that is Harry Potter...yet we both post on it. Faaaaaantastic. hah!

Anonymous said...

Middlebury College is in Vermont.

stephanie said...

Ok...it's not possible to lose 120-0 because the game ends when you catch the Snitch, and the Snitch is worth 150 points so it had to be at least 150-0.

100% Injury Rate said...

Wait, I knew Middlebury was in Vermont, why did I mess that up? Because Middlebury sucks.

Free Blog Counter