Saturday, November 3, 2007

Word of advice: Never do this

The Ohio Valley Wrestling organization serves as a training ground for future WWE wrestlers. And despite the name, it's actually based in Louisville, Kentucky. Anyway, photos have just started leaking out from last weekend when wrestler Justin LaRouche dressed up in full blackface makeup to mock Charles "The Hammer" Evans - who is African American. And to top it all off, LaRouche wore a fake afro as you can see. Yikes. Why Catherine Zeta-Jones was there is a mystery.

I'm unsure who won the actual match, but I'll go out on a limb and say Evans did, and I bet he wasn't fake wrestling either.

I know wrestling likes to push the envelope, but this is sort of more than just going over the line. It's like leaping well past the line, and continuing to run after you land. Apparently fans and other wrestlers were dumbstruck as well by LaRouche's performance.

Although I wonder if people would have been as mad at him had he been dressed up like Chief Wahoo. My guess would be no, and that's not a good thing.

-WCK

No comments:

Free Blog Counter