Wednesday, October 10, 2007

But do you really want to be seen with Sen. Chris Dodd?

I've actually interned at the US Senate in the past. It's a interesting place to say the least. And if you're like me, then sometimes the only way you can tell if someone is important on the Hill is if they're surrounded by reporters or staff members. That's Sen. Chris Dodd in a nutshell. Until I worked on Capitol Hill, I never could have picked him out of a police lineup.

A few of you may also know that he's running for president in 2008. I hate to break it to many of you, but he's not going to win. But that hasn't stopped him from trying. He's now looking to bribe you for your support via Red Sox tickets.

Next Thursday at 5 P.M. Eastern, he's going to pick one entrant at random, live and online, to attend Game Six with him that Saturday. He's actually putting up two tickets so you can bring a guest, $600 towards airfare, and a hotel room in Boston.

But naturally there's a catch. You have to make a minimum contribution to his campaign of $20.04 (in honor of the last time the Red Sox won the World Series) to be in the drawing. Of course.

Something tells me that Dodd is going to be spending more money than he'll actually be making from this stunt.

By the way, if you want to know why I have such a strong distaste for politics, then this would be a great example. I'm sure you're wondering though, since Dodd has already jinxed the Red Sox into getting swept or losing in 5, what will the lucky winner get as a backup prize?

you and your guest are invited to spend a day on the Presidential campaign trail with Senator Dodd in Iowa or New Hampshire.

You know what, I'm going to hang on to my $20.04

-WCK

1 comment:

Craig Calcaterra said...

Second prize: steak knives.

Third prize: you're fired.

Free Blog Counter