Roy Williams managed to survive delivering pizzas in metro Detroit yesterday, which is an achievement in and of it itself. I know some people thought he'd wind up getting shot and I'm pretty sure Vegas had the odds at 4-to-1.
Williams wound up learning the dos and don'ts of the delivery business, which include:
• Do NOT carry excess personal cash.
• Drive with the doors locked.
• Do not park in driveways.
• Never cross the threshold of a house.
• Walk quickly and stay alert.
• Do NOT handle money in the open.
• Drive with doors locked.
Nothing really that awesome happened, like a crackhead holding him up for his pizza. But during one delivery a bunch of neighbors chanted for a woman not to tip the receiver. And some kid thought he was now making pizzas for a living.
Anyway, I'm confident Roy will start tipping delivery guys now. There's only so many times you can roll through metro Detroit without getting shot.