Barry Zito had a decent Tuesday as he went 8 strong innings and only gave up only 2 runs. However, those 2 runs came on home runs and his ERA of 4.61 isn't exactly #1 starter material. He's still 6-8. We spent $126 million on this guy, and while we realize the Giants can't hit at all, we thought we'd take a look at what we could have gotten for $126 million instead of Barry Zito. Here are some possibilities:
1. The island of Niihau, Hawaii.
2. Three F-14 fighter jets.
3. Eight Bugatti Type 41 Royale Cars. Unfortunately only 6 are in existence.
4. Almost 100 Honus Wagner baseball cards.
5. Two and a half Bombardier Global Express XRS Executive jets.
6. We could have transferred one and a half Zinedine Zidane's to the team.
7. 31,500 pairs of APO Jeans.
8. 252 Action Comics #1 comic books.
9. More than 180,000 of Cuba's best cigars.
10. More than 5,000 18 carat gold Gameboys.
I think I would have preferred to see the Giants with two F-14's and a slightly less expensive pitcher. But that's just me.