Monday, June 25, 2007

The unicycle goes EXTREME!


This is a continuation of our hunt for weird extreme sports because it's sort of a slow day. This one may be even more bizarre than extreme pogo sticking.

Some days I sit around and think to myself, what would be the most interesting way to hurt myself, and I always come to the same conclusion: combine skateboarding with unicycling. It's all the fun of the circus combined with horrible cement related injuries.

I mean, what could be more insane than grinding a rail on a unicycle, right? (Is that even possible?)

Well, it seems I was beaten to the punch. There's a small - very small - group of individuals who have taken unicycling to the extreme and haven't looked back. Some of the stuff they do is pretty extreme. But they're on unicycles, so I really can't take them seriously. They should all be wearing clown suits.

If you're in Michigan at the end of July, you can watch them compete. Or you can just laugh at them.

-WCK

No comments:

Free Blog Counter