Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Time to fix the Pistons

I think it became apparent after LeBron willed the Cavs to victory in Game 5 that the Pistons season was over. Charles Barkley even accused Detroit of quitting in Game 6. I'm not really sure what happened to this team after they beat the Lakers for the NBA Championship a few years back. It's like the wheels have been falling off real slowly ever since. I thought they would have won at least 2 championships by now. But instead, all they have is one.

Our buddy basketball site, Full Court NBA, takes a look at how it all went wrong for Detroit and what it might take for them to reclaim their Eastern Conference dominance that's slipped through their arrogant fingers the last two years. [Detroit Dilemma]

There's also an interesting look at Chris Webber and his failure to make it to the Finals yet again. I feel bad for Webber, as I was a huge fan of his when he was in Oakland and Sac-Town. As far as I'm concerned, and I'm by no means alone on this, the Kings were totally screwed by the refs in Game 7 of that 2002 Western Conference Finals against the Lakers. I've never been an NBA conspiracy theory guy, but that game would be my Exhibit A if I were ever called to court to prove that there is in fact one. Yes, we're still deeply bitter about that game. Every time I witness Kobe fail yet again in the playoffs, I get a little happier.

-WCK

No comments:

Free Blog Counter