Sunday, June 24, 2007

Drew Brees pulls a Johnny Cash

It's always nice when athletes do something to give back to the community. But it's a little weird when an athlete who's originally from Texas and went to Purdue shows up at a prison in Southern Utah to give advice on life. But that's what Drew Brees did.

He showed up at the Beaver County correctional facility and spoke with 124 inmates.

What on earth a pro football QB is even doing in a place like southern Utah is beyond me. Even if you put a gun to my head you couldn't get me to go to southern Utah. Brees isn't Mormon from what I know, and he certainly has no connections to anyone in the prison's area.

Beyond random, but a nice gesture. I'm sure all the inmates will take his advice, except for Pacman Jones.

-WCK

No comments:

Free Blog Counter