If we're feeling like it, we're going to post our thoughts every Monday on the past weekend in football, both college and pro football. It will not be insightful or engaging. It will be something south of that.
College Football - What we learned
1. The Pac-10 is extremely legit. Everyone thought Michigan would come out guns blazing against Oregon after losing to App St. Instead, they got historically waxed by an insanely balanced and prolific Oregon offense. On top of that, UW put an end to Boise St.'s win streak. Suddenly, the Pac-10 looks real dangerous. USC, Cal and UCLA everyone knew were great teams. But now it looks like you can add Oregon to that group. And UW looks like they're not going to be any cake walk either. Considering all these teams have to play each other, the Pac-10 conference is going to have some really good games this year.
2. LSU is good. Real good. And Virginia Tech was hideously overrated. I'm not sure who has the better defense, USC or LSU, but if there is a God, he will let those two teams meet in the National Championship.
3. Notre Dame is probably going to start the season 0-8. Their schedule has no cupcakes and they suck. Charlie Weis will then get a 20-year extension at the end of the season.
Pro Football - What we learned
1. Bill Simmons should be hung for making the Falcons his sleeper pick. I like Simmons, but that was an insanely stupid choice for sleeper team of the year. He even broke down how Joey Harrington would succeed in Atlanta. Has he not been paying attention these last few years? Harrington is a horrible decision maker who isn't a very accurate passer. Let me make this clear: The #1 most important thing to have in a QB is that he's a good decision maker. It's not arm strength or athleticism. It's decision making, period. Harrington is a horrible decision maker and that's why he's a horrible NFL QB.
2. The Eagles may be in for a long year. Losing to Green Bay your first week, when Green Bay didn't even play well. Man, that's not a good sign.
3. The Browns suck and need a real QB. Also Romeo Crennel better think of something or his ass is going to get canned at the end of this season. Crennel could put Quinn in, but then he's essentially waving a white flag on the season. Regardless, Crennel is screwed either way and the Browns are going to have yet another horrible year.